I'm finally getting around to accepting and answering questions for the Liebster Award I recieved!
Here are the answers to the 10 questions I recieved:
1. Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
I started in August 2014! I had been blog stalking my favourite bloggers for years so I decided to try it out! I thought, even if nobody read my blog I could use it as a way to document my teaching and have an online portfolio!
2. What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?
Sharing. It really makes me happy and I feel honoured when someone tells me they are able to use my products or ideas that I share on this blog in their classroom.
3. Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wished you knew before?
4. What is your favourite past time other than blogging?
Well that's a hard one... because I'm basically glued to my computer or phone all the time! I do like to shop and dine out :)
5. How many hours a week do you dedicate to your blog?
It really depends on the week but usually an hour or two every other day and usually a little more on the weekends so maybe 6-8 hours on average?
6. What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
I really love practical ideas I can implement in my classroom! I love seeing hands-on lessons and ideas for centres! And since I teach FDK in Ontario, I love seeing and reading about what other Ontario FDK teachers are doing that align with the vision and curriculum in our province!
7. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
From my class! I always blog about things we are doing in class so all my ideas and products come from their needs and interests.
7. Which post that you've written are you most proud of?
I really loved teaching 3D figures this year so I have to say my post "Teaching 3D Figures in FDK".
8. Is there any post that you have been planning to do, but have been postponing it for a while now?
My blog to-do list is always a mile long but I do want to share about my home reading program sometime soon!
9. What is your favourite aspect of blogging?
Being able to connect with other educators and learning new ideas.
10. Which idea from a blog would you like to try yourself?
Since Mother's day is coming up I am planning to try one of these two ideas!
Which do you like better?
(Or maybe I should just do both?)
Personalized Notecards by Kindergarten Smiles
Mother's Day Craft from Food, Love & Life
1. Alexis from Mrs. Hudgens Hears a Who
2. Laura from TCHR888
3. Stacy from Made With Love
5. Mrs. M from Color Me Kinder
6. Gabby from Gabby's Classrooms
7. Melinda from Tales of the Sassy Teacher
1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out." (Follow their blog if you haven't already!)
2. Answer the 10 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).
3. Nominate 5-11 blogs of your choice that each have less than 200 followers. Provide them with 11 questions to answer or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know that they've been nominated and provide them with a link to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so that s/he can learn more about you as well! (You can just put your post link in the comments below).